Policies, Forms, and Rules
Reg#: ____________Breed: _____________Age:________ Sex:____
Horse Ins. Carrier :_________________________Phone:________________________
Phone #’s Home: __________________________Other:________________________
Emergency Contact: _________________________Phone:________________________
The Horse owner (“Owner”) and Blazing Star Stables (“Stable”) agree that Stable will board said horse and be governed by the following provisions:
1. Monthly Rate: Owner shall pay $_________per month as board by the ____ of the month. To the extent that the board is 8 days late a $5.00 charge per day will be assessed and collected. Failure to make any payment by said due date shall place owner in default hereunder. Acceptance by stable of any late payment shall not constitute a waiver of subsequent due dates or determinations of default.
2. Termination of Contract: Termination of owner requires thirty (30) days notice. Termination of contract by stable requires seven (7) days notice. Termination is verbal, written, or emailed. Following months payment due withougt notice. Termination of this agreement for failure of the other party to meet any material terms of this agreement, including but not limited to “Stable Rules”. Stable can immediately terminate contract if said horse presents a danger to self, other horses or people.
3. Care of horse: The Stable shall take reasonable care of said horse, but shall not be responsible for any loss arising from: (i) the restive nature or vice of the animal or other horses coming in contact with the boarding horse. (ii) From fire, storm, lightning, flood, vandals, or any other casualty or act of God. (iv) Sickness or injury of said horse. (v) From fence, wire, trees, ect. or other conditions on or under land. (vi) From the negligence of other boarders. Other Fees: Owner agrees to pay if said horse is not being visited/seen/groomed by owner on a regular basis of at least three times a week. Daily Grooming Fee of $5 day (Not to be charged if owner is on vacation), Blanketing Fee of $3 per put on andtake off of blanket in warranting weather. Fly Spray Fee of $3/spray with owners’ supplied spray or $5/spray with Stable’s spray.
4. Owner agrees to provide for which stable assumes no responsibility:
a.) Rope Halter
b.) Lead rope, minimum 9ft
c.) Grooming Tools
d.) Salt lick (brick sized) as needed
e.) Water proof/ breathable sheet (or with fill)
5. Feeding/de-worming: In addition to daily cleanout and fresh water, the horse is to be fed hay (supplied by Owner or bought thru Katherine L Murphy) 3x’s a day, grain of oats, corn, MVP, and sunflower seeds (2x’s) a day. Grain other than listed above and any supplements will be at Owners’ expense. Hay is 30 bales per horse per month. (Sample bale of hay must be accepted by Katherine L Murphy before being fed.) Owner will supply de-wormer of rotating brands every 6-8 wks or supply stables with Select Guardian to feed with daily grain rations during the months of March—November.
6. Statement of Inherent Risks: The Owner and agent understand and recognize that activities involving horses (including but not limited to their handling and riding) involves inherent risks and can result in injury to the horse, rider, and bystanders. These risks include but are not limited to, the following: (i) The propensity of horses to behave in ways that may result in injury, harm, or death to persons on or around the horse. (ii) The unpredictability of a horse’s reaction to such things as sounds, sudden movements and unfamiliar objects, persons, or other animals. (iii) The potential of other riders to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury to the owner and/ or agent or to others, such as failing to maintain control over the horse or not acting within his or her abilities. Owner understands and acknowledges that one’s presence upon the premises of a farm or horse stable and horseback riding bear known and unknown risks. These risks could result in injury, death, illness, disease, emotional distress, or damage to self, property, or to third parties. Owner understands that these risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activities. Owner has adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage that Owner, or owner’s horse may cause or suffer while participating in this activity; or else Owner agrees to bear the cost of such injuries or damage their self. Further Owner has no medical or physical conditions that could interfere with safety in this activity, or Owner has discussed this and made Katherine L Murphy aware of situation.
7. Liability Insurance: Owner warrants that he/she presently carries in full force and effect, and throughout the period of this agreement shall continue to carry and maintain in full force and effect, liability insurance protecting owner and stable from any and all claim(s) arising out of or relating to this agreement.
8. Veterinary Care: The Stable reserves the right to have any veterinarian attend the horse at Owner’s expense, if in the sole discretion, such care is needed for the health and safety of said horse. All animals must have proof of a current Coggins, Rabies, and Rhino. A copy of all records will be attached to boarding contract.
9. Stable Hours: The stable will be open, no later than 11pm unless veterinary emergency. An adult will supervise children less than 18 yrs of age unless arranged ahead with Katherine L Murphy.
10. Stable Rules: owner hereby acknowledges receipt and understanding of the current stables rules, which are incorporated in full, as if fully set forth herein. Owner aggress he/she and his/her guest and invitees will be bound and abide by these rules, and accepts responsibility for the conduct of his guests and invitees according to these rules. Owner acknowledges the Rules include but are not limited to:
No Smoking on Property!!!!
Helmets required when mounted.
Please do not hand feed horses; treats may be put in their buckets.
Horses are not to be left unattended on the crossties.
Clean up, sweep area after you are done using it. Including the riding ring
If you open it, CLOSE IT!
If you unlock it, LOCK IT!
If you turn it on, TURN IT OFF.
If you don’t know how to operate it, LEAVE IT ALONE.
If it will brighten someone’s day, SAY IT!
If you borrow it, PUT IT BACK.
If you fall off, GET BACK ON!!!!!
All riders should have appropriate footwear for riding with a hard sole and heel.
Please supervise children not in lesson program. Do not leave young children unattended.
Do not tie horses to arena fence, pasture fence, paddock fence, or anything that is not intentionally made for tying a horse.
No bicycles or motorized vehicles allowed in the barn, except for maintenance.
Please leave your pets at home or be sure they are comfortable in your vehicle, or on a leash.
Please clean up any mess you or your horse makes on the cross- tiesimmediately.
Do not borrow tack without asking first.
Stable may revise these rules from time to time and owner agrees any revision shall have the same force and effect as current rules. Failure, as determined in stables sole discretion of owner or owner’s guest and invitees to abide by stable rules may result in stable declaring owner in default hereunder and result in termination of this agreement.
11. Written Authority In the event that someone other than Owner calls for horse they must have written permission, and sign a release.
12. Change in Policy/ Fees: Stable reserves right to change any policies or fees with a (10) day notice. Thirty (30) day notice to Stable in the event of Owner leaving. Without notice following months board is due.
13. Right of Lien: owner is put on notice that stables has and may assert and exercise a right of lien, as provided for by the laws of the State of Maine for any amount due for the board and keep of horse(s), also for any storage or other charges due hereunder, and forth agrees stables shall have the right without process of law, to attach a lien to your horse(s) upon notification of termination of contract.
14. HELMETS: Mandatory to wear helmet while riding on the property.
I have read the above agreement and fully understand the agreement and agree to be bound by its terms.
___________________ __________________ _______________________
Rider Owner/Guardian Katherine L. Murphy
Katherine L. Murphy
185 Academy Rd
Monmouth, Me 04259
Phone: 207 441-5071
WARNINGUnder Maine law, an equine professional has limited liability for an injury to, or the death of, a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities.